A six-week consultation on the latest draft of York’s Local Plan – which identifies what and how land can be used – starts today.
Homes in the city will receive a special edition of the Our City publication over the next two weeks, which explains the plan and how to have your say.
The full version of the Local Plan pre-publication draft – and comment forms which can be sent freepost – is available to view online at www.york.gov.uk/localplan, in all the city’s libraries and the council’s reception at west offices.
Residents are also invited to one of eight special consultation events, while additional information will also be available at all ward committees which meet during the consultation period.
You can also get involved via twitter @CityofYork or facebook.com/cityofyork, using the hashtag #YorkLocalPlan
Councillor David Carr, leader of City of York Council, said:
“The Local Plan will support our economic growth and shape how our city changes, so it is vital that we hear the views of people across York.
“We believe this plan strikes the right balance between finding the amount of land to provide homes and employment opportunities while protecting our greenbelt and the special character and setting of York.”
Councillor Andrew Waller, interim deputy leader, said:
“The plan is about far more than numbers of houses and sites for jobs. It shows how we will encourage developments to be good for the environment and for people – creating a pleasant, healthy city we can all enjoy.
“There are many ways to get involved and have your say, so please join in through Our City, online or in person at one of the many public events.”
The details of the public consultation events:
- Monday 2 October at Strensall & Towthorpe Village Hall, Strensall (3-7.30pm)
- Wednesday 4 October at Fulford Social Hall, Fulford (3-7.30pm)
- Thursday 5 October Clifton Library, Clifton (3-7pm)
- Monday 9October at Tang Hall Library, Tang Hall (3-7.30pm)
- Wednesday 11 October at West Offices, York City Centre (3-7.30pm)
- Monday 16 October at Acomb Explore Library, Acomb (3-7.30pm)
- Tuesday 17 October at York Sport, Heslington (3-7.30pm)
- Wednesday 18 October at Oaken Grove Community Centre, Haxby (3-7pm)
Additional information will also be provided at the following ward committee meetings:
- Dringhouses & Woodthorpe (joint with Westfield) – Tuesday 26 September York & District Indoor Bowls Club, 302 Thanet Road, Dringhouses, York, YO24 2NW 6.30-8pm
- Haxby and Wigginton Tuesday 26 September 5-7.30pm – Wigginton Recreational Hall, The Village, YO32 2LL
- Huntington and New Earswick Tuesday 3 October 6-8pm (Huntington Methodist Church)
Executive Members and their portfolios:
- Leader of City of York Council with responsibility for Finance and Performance is Cllr David Carr on 07837476305
- Interim Deputy Leader of City of York Council is Cllr Andrew Waller on 07710 921901